Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Everytime it Rains


One night, I was awake and I heard the sounds of rain.

I was at mom's house, and I heard the rain start to pour down the the lightning and thunder crashing throughout the sky.

So I slipped out the front door, stepped into the pouring rain and stood in the street.

Geez, it was so clean and refreshing.

I was really down that night, but the rain really calmed me.

It makes me wish it rained more often.

Yes, it was cold, and yes, I was shivering, but it felt too good not to go out and feel it.

So I love the rain. I love the sounds, the feel, the smell, the taste, everything. I love lighting and thunder, I love going barefoot on wet pavement and listening to amazing music while out in a storm.

Rain really cleansed my soul that night.

"But everytime it rains,
I know it's good to be alive.
And everytime it rains,
I know I'm trying to survive.
And everytime it rains,
I'm gonna hide myself inside.

I know it's good to be alive.
I know it's good to be alive.
I know it's good to be alive!"

--Everytime it Rains by Charlotte Martin

3 comments:

cms87 said...

I love the rain too! I love to run in it and get wet. There is something purifying about rain. Next time we are together and it is raining, I'll go out in it with you. :o)

Carissa and Jeff said...

I have a love/hate relationship with the rain. If I have to do something practical-like getting somewhere- I don't like it. However, I LOVE the rain on days like you just described. I fell asleep pretty sad one day and I woke up to a huge thunderstorm. I just sat by my window and watched it. It seriously felt magical and I felt very peaceful.

Carissa and Jeff said...

P.S. You should come to China! You can stand outside in the rain AND not shiver. At least if you come in the next couple of months. It's still wait HOT here.