Thursday, February 25, 2010

To See You Smile

--TO SEE YOU SMILE--
---
All I ever wanted to do was make you smile,
Hear your laugh; make you stay a while.
Stand next to me as the sands of time blow,
Ignoring the gusts as we keep our heads low.
---
Together we stand, tightly holding hands,
But now you're gone, slipping away like dry sand...
---
I felt you slipping, I tried grasping you tighter,
But it seemed like you only fell that much harder...
---
I'm lost, afraid, and very confused,
I'm feeling like I'm fading, feeling so bruised.
---
My heart's not shattered, but it's getting close,
Because you're leaving, the one I care for the most.
---
I held my heart out to you, out in my hand,
An offering to you, I thought you'd understand.
But you turned away, leaving me be,
Then why does it feel so lonely to be me?
---
I felt a part of me break, my heart falters,
This can't be the end when you're all that matters.
I won't turn away, I'm still on the fight,
To help make everything in your life right.
---
But helping you is harder then you think,
When you turn away, my heart seems to shrink.
----
We've been friends before, we could do it again,
Anything to make you happy, to see that grin.
---
And if from away from me you turn, asking me to leave,
I'll smile to your face, but inside my heart will grieve.
You'll say to leave you alone, you don't want me anymore,
And I'll fade into the distance, but my heart will be sore...
---
But to see you smile, to make you laugh,
I would do anything to bring it back.
---
I'm tired of treading through shallow pools,
The way my heart feels, this anguish is cruel.
When will you let me, to help and understand,
When will you let me retake your hand?
---
I'd do anything, to see your beam,
Even if that means getting rid of me.
But if by chance, you ask me to stay,
Facing me to take the pain you caused away,
---
Maybe we could start all over and forget the bad days,
Watching as the worries of the world fade away.
---
I'd do anything to see you smile,
I'd walk a hundred million miles.
Realizing my heart's not a toy,
And then you could be my boy.
-----
---
-
---
-----
S---Slipping on
M--Masked
I---Indifferent
L---Lies of
E---Emotion
No real reason for posting this, just late at night (almost 4am) and thought of this idea, wrote it into a poem and, tada! Crap filled poem of stupidity! I dont' really have a rhyme scheem and I used multipul rhymes mulitipul times, but other then that, it's okay.
Loves- Nay

3 comments:

Kayla and Greg said...

Oh my goodness Janaye you are so talented with words!! :) I always admired that about you! That is a gift I just don't have! Way to go Idaho!

Carissa and Jeff said...

That was beautiful Janaye! I love it. I'm still working on responding to your e-mail by the way. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Jay Nay, that was such talent! I love you to peices! You are so amazing.