Sunday, August 22, 2010

Poetry 5.1

ADRIAN

Sometimes I truly miss you,
No matter how much I hate you now.
I miss how much our friendship grew,
I miss our secrets and vows.

I miss the days we’d smile,
I miss the times when we knew each other so well.
I miss the nights we ran wild,
And how we could bring each other out of our own personal hell.

I miss how you where my friend to go to,
I miss the way you held me as I cried.
But then I remember, that everything I knew,
Was all just one.
Big.
Lie.

MANIC-DEPRESSIVE

I’m head strong and fearless,
I’m stubborn and impatient,
I’m irritable and cranky,
And even slightly skanky.

I love the way my eyes shine,
My smile could light up the night sky,
I love with all my heart,
I think I'm good at art.

I never cry when the world falls,
I rebuild my own crumbled castle walls,
I can stand back up on my own,
If you’re so perfect, cast the first stone.

I’m wise beyond my years,
I’m older than I appear,
I smile when I’m sad,
And laugh when I am mad.

I yell at you when you do something wrong,
I sing to random different songs,
My pride runs to the end of the earth,
Most days I feel like dirt.

I’m open and compassionate,
I’m closed off and distant,
I cry when I don’t want to,
I’ll hide away from you.

Life is worth living,
I wish for my last breath,
My personality keeps changing,
It’s annoying me to death.

I wear purple because it’s pretty,
I wear black for my own pity,
I think I’m very witty,
I wish I could kill all kitties.

So even though I’m weird,
And I never stay the same,
Thanks for staying by my side,
And trying to keep me sane.

1 comment:

Carissa and Jeff said...

I love your poems. You make me want to go read poetry (which I've never really done before). Also, I'm enjoying the music on your blog!