Yes, it's true. I really don't like video games. I have a valid few reasons of why I hate video games. Let's start, shall we?
1. They Cause Stress. Yes, some people say they play video games to get rid of stress. I can understand how this would help sometimes... although I don't know how good it is to kill someone and have them spill tons of blood as a stress reliever. However, I think video games cause more stress than they relieve. My reasons? Because you end up getting killed too, or you won't make the next level like you want to, etc. So in the end, you end up getting more stressed and frustrated because you couldn't win/kill more people/level up.
2. They Are A Distraction. Ever try having a conversation with someone playing a video game? Even if it is something "easy" or "stupid", all attention is on the video game and not on whom you're trying to converse with. I can usually tell if I'm taking to someone who's playing a video game, and it sucks when I'm correct on my assumption.
3. They Are Boring To Watch. I hate when I'm expected to watch a video game. Do you know how boring it is? It's not a movie that progresses, it's the same level for someone trying to pass it to the next. Some levels have to be re-done five, ten, twenty plus times. Not. Fun. To. Watch.
4. They Suck For Beginners To Play. So, if ya can't beat them, (via watching) than why not join them (via playing) ... right? Wrong. All of my friends who play video games are guys, therefore, when I'm asked to "join in and play", I'm playing a game that I hardly know how to work (or I don't know at all) on a level seven out of ten against boys who've played this same game for weeks. Guess who dies first, second, and third all at once? Yup, me. So why don't the boys go easy? Simple. The more kills you get, the higher you place. Sorry if I object to playing video games next time, boys.
5. They Do Nothing. They don't teach you anything, help you gain anything, and don't improve you. They don't work your muscles like exercise, they don't stimulate your brain like word puzzles, and they don't help you gain anything in life unless your a game artist. Excuse me if I find them pointless. I'd rather play a bored game, play a sport... screw that list. I'd pretty much rather do anything besides play/watch video games. Things that are below the list of video games: Twilight in any form. Things that are close to the stupidity of video games? Football of practically any kind.
6. They Waste Your Time. A half hour of playing turns to two, than three, than the entire day. Congratulations, you just went from level 12 to 27... all it took was the entire day... yeay.
7. They Take A Higher Priority Than Me... Always. Selfish? Maybe. But I think I deserve more of your attention than a stupid freakin' video game when I'm having a bad day... don't-cha think?
No, this is not based on one boy, but many. All the time, this seems to be the case with stupid video games. I don't like them, I don't play them. Sometimes, I wish I could destroy all video games entirely because they frustrate me so. My challenge to anyone: Post a comment of why video games are good, because I'd like to see some excuses of why I should like them.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I think video games can be pretty stupid and pointless too--espeically if people are spending tons of time on them and ignoring those they love. . . however, we have a wii and I LOVE it. We play as a family and everyone can play--even Lily. (In fact, we are playing as a fam right now) Have you ever played the wii? It might be an exception to the video game rule.
I don't know if I really had anything that great to say about video games. I think it comes from being raised in a family where we really didn't play all that many video games. They are a time sucker. However, I don't think that they're all that bad when done in moderation. The problem comes from trying to not play them too much, because as you put it, they are addicting. Give me a book or a good ol' board game any day over a video game! Although I think Christina has a good point with the Wii.
Post a Comment