Just when things where looking better... So very much better...
I was selfish yet again.
And screwed up.
A few things, actually.
I guess I feel flat.
Like a soda pop with all the bubbles shaken out of it.
Do I deserve it?
Completely.
Do I regret it?
Almost.
I like my privacy,
But I shouldn't have let my friend down.
I guess I just can't be selfish anymore.
I don't want to hurt people.
I don't want my friends to hate me.
But wearing this mask,
Of what people want me to be,
Verses what I really am,
It's so criminal.
Everyone has a different mask.
And very few people have seen the monstrosity of my face.
A few of them ran.
The amazing ones stuck around.
But even they have masks for when I can't face myself.
I'm so cliche,
But so is life.
Everybody walks around pretending to be what people want them to be,
And screaming into suffocation for people to see what they really are.



2 comments:
I've been sitting here thinking . . . Do I wear a mask? . . . Do I pretend? . . . I don't think I do. Does that make me really shallow? stupid? etc?
No, if you don't have to it makes you lucky! :) People like you for you, not for who you pretend to be. :)
Post a Comment