My friend wrote a HUGE rant on girls who wore leggings either alone or with a mini skirt over it. His point that he got across was that girls who wore leggings where selling themselves as a sex item and than continued to compare girls to an expensive Ferrari and a hand-me-down car.
--
A good girl, who doesn't wear leggings, is a Ferrari. A sexual girl, who wears leggings in such a way, is more like a hand-me-down car from your parents.
--
...
--
Does anyone else see why this is/could be offensive??
--
One, this is a boy who wrote this, who admitted he knew nothing of fashion, but wanted to post a rant on what he thought... I don't have a problem with this, in fact, I wish I felt so strongly about something so stupid. (Such as leggings... Really?? Friggin' LEGGINGS??)
--
But really, I guess what really got me is that he was being so harsh about something so very stupid. I think clothing is many things. It's a way to express yourself, keep yourself warm and make you really happy. So really, why should we judge anyone's style? If that's what they like, what they feel comfortable with, and what they want to wear... Who are we to tell them they're sexual, degrading, or any other horrible word??
--
Yes, I understand. Low cut shirts, short skirts or shorts and belly baring shirts are not the best first impression of a girl. Likewise, a guy wearing short shorts and no shirt or a tight tank top might not be the best impression of him. But really, we don't know that person. The girl whose boobs are popping out of her shirt could still be a virgin and maybe a bit shy. She could be loose, she could be your neighbor, she could be your lawyer. Who knows?
--
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I was so disappointed that this guy was making such a strong impression and strong accusation about a fashion fad. About something I've seen many women pull off in a classy fashion and just as many head dive into cement over. Why are people so judgemental?? Why are they so close minded? I get a lot of crap over "dark raccoon eyes" but I keep doing it because it makes me happy and feel like I look good... So who are we to say someone looks horrible? They're wearing what they're wearing obviously because they like it... so who are we to be jerks and tell them they look horrible?
--
First impressions are always tricky and differ from person to person... but honestly, try to get to know someone better before you stick a label upon them and take twice as long if the label you want to tag them with is something so degrading. -- As to the misour who so spitefully wrote an article about "skank" girls in leggings and then compared them to cars for their fashion likes... The next time I see you, I shall be wearing leggings. :)
---
--
-
"The tune you hear is of those who want to stop their frowns, It's a battle song of those who will not allow anyone to bring them down. And when you hear the chorus soar, They can't be brought down by you anymore." J.M. Stetson
--
A good girl, who doesn't wear leggings, is a Ferrari. A sexual girl, who wears leggings in such a way, is more like a hand-me-down car from your parents.
--
...
--
Does anyone else see why this is/could be offensive??
--
One, this is a boy who wrote this, who admitted he knew nothing of fashion, but wanted to post a rant on what he thought... I don't have a problem with this, in fact, I wish I felt so strongly about something so stupid. (Such as leggings... Really?? Friggin' LEGGINGS??)
--
But really, I guess what really got me is that he was being so harsh about something so very stupid. I think clothing is many things. It's a way to express yourself, keep yourself warm and make you really happy. So really, why should we judge anyone's style? If that's what they like, what they feel comfortable with, and what they want to wear... Who are we to tell them they're sexual, degrading, or any other horrible word??
--
Yes, I understand. Low cut shirts, short skirts or shorts and belly baring shirts are not the best first impression of a girl. Likewise, a guy wearing short shorts and no shirt or a tight tank top might not be the best impression of him. But really, we don't know that person. The girl whose boobs are popping out of her shirt could still be a virgin and maybe a bit shy. She could be loose, she could be your neighbor, she could be your lawyer. Who knows?
--
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I was so disappointed that this guy was making such a strong impression and strong accusation about a fashion fad. About something I've seen many women pull off in a classy fashion and just as many head dive into cement over. Why are people so judgemental?? Why are they so close minded? I get a lot of crap over "dark raccoon eyes" but I keep doing it because it makes me happy and feel like I look good... So who are we to say someone looks horrible? They're wearing what they're wearing obviously because they like it... so who are we to be jerks and tell them they look horrible?
--
First impressions are always tricky and differ from person to person... but honestly, try to get to know someone better before you stick a label upon them and take twice as long if the label you want to tag them with is something so degrading. -- As to the misour who so spitefully wrote an article about "skank" girls in leggings and then compared them to cars for their fashion likes... The next time I see you, I shall be wearing leggings. :)
---
--
-
"The tune you hear is of those who want to stop their frowns, It's a battle song of those who will not allow anyone to bring them down. And when you hear the chorus soar, They can't be brought down by you anymore." J.M. Stetson



2 comments:
Do you remember how you got me those super awesome black leather looking leggings?
yeah.
they are super cool.
definitely in the part of my closet that hold the clothes I actually like
I think leggings are definitely better then nothing!
Post a Comment