Thursday, March 11, 2010

More Depressing Poetry

YOUR MASK

I'm tired of your mask, I'm tired of your lies,

I'm tired from crying about you all those stupid times.

--

I get so far, only to be pushed away,

Tell me honestly, do you want me to stay?

--

I feel alone more now than ever,

Tell me a secret? You wouldn't, never.

--

I've been nothing but trustworthy, and now look where I am,

Still alone, still the same, still running into dead ends.

--

Why can't I know? Why must you not tell?

Where was it that I suddenly fell?

--

Your mask, I hate it, I'll rip it to shreds,

If only you would let me inside your head.

--

I'm tired of your mask, I'm tired of your lies,

I'm tired from crying about you all those stupid times.

--

I only get to know this, I have to guess that,

Is this where you want this relationship at?

--

I put all my trust in you, yet I deserve nothing back,

How am I supposed to stay if my heart's under attack?

--

You tell me not to care, you say you're no big deal,

What do I have to do to make you feel altogether healed?

--

I can't play this game, it's just a sick joke,

My emotions were a toy, now all I feel is chocked...

--

I don't understand, what you want and what you say,

If you really want me here, than please ask me to stay.

--

I'm tired of feeling foolish, of being stupid and ignored,

I'm so very close to walking out that door...

--

I'm tired of your mask, I'm tired of your lies,

I'm tired of shedding all these tears and endless cries.

--

I wish you'd understand, just try to see,

Why I care so much, why it's so hard to be me.

--

I could give you my heart, my being, my soul,

But I don't think it'd be enough for you to hold.

--

I feel so abandoned, my heart is in anguish,

The pain I'm feeling, take it away, I wish.

--

The pain you're causing me is nothing short of cruel,

I feel so stupid, I feel the part of the fool.

--

I'll leave your life, if you just say the words,

But ask me to stay and my world is yours.

--

I'm tired of your mask, I'm tired of your lies,

I'm tired of feeling my heart slowly start to die.

--

To make you happy, I'd do anything,

So just tell me now, either to stay or to leave...

3 comments:

Carissa and Jeff said...

I love it Janaye! I get so tired of people who aren't open and honest. People who wear a mask remind me of up people who aren't willing to open up themselves. It's exhausting trying to be their friends.

Morehead Family said...

So who is it about? People in general or someone in particular? Did you give it that person?

Janaye said...

Just to people in general. I've worked so hard to get to know them, have them take down their "masks" for a while only to have them be put up again... :(