Thursday, March 18, 2010

To the One

Here's a poem of my past relationships, whether they were offical or not. Just a free verse thingy... Enjoy or not.
--
To the One
--
-To the One I'm with now-
I'm sorry if I break your heart,
I'm sorry that you're breaking mine,
I'm sorry I ignored you, but don't feel alone,
I ignored everyone today.
I know you want me to be happy again,
But I want the same for you,
Don't you understand?
I'm sorry that you don't.
---
--
-To the One who faked it-
I'm sorry that you gave up on me because someone told you to.
I'm sorry that you never gave me a real reason of why you left,
I'm sorry you're trying to be my friend,
When all I want is for you to leave me alone.
I'm sorry you played with my heart like it was a toy.
I'm sorry I let you.
---
--
-To the One who tried to change me-
I'm sorry you're so very full of yourself,
I'm sorry you thought you could make me better,
When you only shattered the broken peices of what was left of me.
I'm sorry you think I left for no reason.
I'm sorry you thought I was your perfect girl.
I'm sorry I let you change me, deform me, and try to restrain me from being myself.
I'm sorry that you can't see what you did was wrong.
---
--
-To the One with no emotional ties-
I'm sorry that we never really got to know each other,
I'm sorry that we slipped from each other's mind.
I'm sorry that we didn't really try to revive what we had.
I'm sorry you're still alone.
---
--
-To the One who broke me-
I'm sorry you don't care about what you did,
About what effect it had on me.
I'm sorry you only apoligized when I started going out with your friend.
I'm sorry that you don't know how much you hurt me,
I'm sorry you don't know how it haunts me still.
I'm sorry I trusted you.
---
--
-To the One I broke-
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
For everything.

4 comments:

Janaye said...

Just random, but I'm actually quite proud of this one, I think it's really nice, a kind of theme of sorry, either for them or me. No real insperation for this, just thinking of the past, and at this time of night, it'a almost taboo...

Morehead Family said...

Pretty good. It makes me want to know all those people so I can spit on them. LOL I love you!

cms87 said...

Wow. That was really great! I love your verse! You write with a lot of feeling and it made me want to cry. Have you ever tried to get any of your work published? If you haven't, you totally should!

Carissa and Jeff said...

You are such a good writer Janaye! You totally amaze me. You express yourself so well and I love "seeing" from your perspective. You make me want to reflect more on my life! I love you sister.