Friday, June 18, 2010

Dentist Time

So I had two dentist appointments to fill in seven or eight cavities because apparently I have "soft" teeth. So here are just some things I've learned from the dentist:

-They stick a really big needle in your mouth to numb you. If you laugh when you feel them stab you with it, they think you're crazy.
-My dentist now knows I laugh when I'm in discomfort.
-Getting four different shots for one dentist trip made me numb for FOREVER.(Two in the top gums, two in the bottom)
-My dentist sticks out his tongue when concentrating really hard.
-I don't mind drills and all the weird sounds they make when they're making holes in my teeth, but when it gets a little weird sounding, turning up the music on your iPod always helps to drown out the sound.
-My dental assistant last time was Ms. Dorthy in the Viewmont High musical of "Thoroughly Modern Milly". I started talking about acting and how I loved it and than she went off and told me she wasn't good at acting. Pish, I could've slapped her right then and there if she wasn't so nice.
-It's hard to drink liquids when you can't feel your bottom lip.
-It's hard to smile when your upper lip is numb. It turns into one side of your mouth going up, one going further to the side.
-Most of the time, I can't feel my face until three hours afterward. It doesn't stop that numb tingling for another two, giving me five hours of a weird, unfeeling mouth.
-My dentist had me bite down to see if everything felt right... but it's hard to bite down when your really big and numb tongue gets in the way.
-It's really gross when you don't get suctioned out enough and have to swallow the water with the mix of the dust from your teeth. -shivers-
-I can see up my dentists nose, and it's kinda gross... and hairy.
-I almost fell asleep last time.
-I don't hate the dentist, I hate being numb after the dentist. :/
-I like needles.
-Turns out they have two needles they can shoot you up with, a small one and one closer to the size that you donate blood with... my dentist (whether good or bad) only carries the smaller one.

Well, that's all I learned. I guess I could write more, but those would be boring... and I have to go to work. :/ (more on "When-Janaye's-going-to-quit-her-lame-job-later) Hugs and loves and dynamite.

No comments: