---
FIRST!! Definitions! You'll need these to understand half the post. :)
Anime (Anne-eh-may): Japanese cartoons.
Manga (Mon-ga): Japanese comic books.
Cosplay (cause-play): When a person dress up like their favorite anime characters.
Cosplayers (cause-play-ers): A person/people in cosplay.
Bleach (Be-leech): The anime/manga we cosplayed from.
---
---
---
So just guess how many people thought it was so cute how we walked around holding hands. (A lot) and the fact that everyone told us that we looked just like them made them freak out even more.
---
Let's just say I felt like we were famous and had a million paparazzi!! We were stopped every five steps to have a picture taken of us. A lot of the people thought it was "So cute!" that we where actually dating because a lot of people want Ichigo and Rukia to get together by the series end. (Me included!!)
---
Anyway, Brandon and I quickly learned that in order to get from one end of the hall to another, we would have to leave a half hour before our pre-determined arrival.
---
Seriously, we probably have 300+ people with pictures of us on their cameras in two days and being there for six hours each day. It was pure craziness. (But fun craziness)
---
So the shopping center (known as the Dealers Room) was full of amazing anime merchandise, cosplay, and some Japanese snacks. I splurged and bought a messenger bag with my character on it because it was awesome and Brandon bought me a wallet with one of my favorite boy characters. (Not the one he was cosplaying, sadly. Haha!)
---
Actually, we just bought a lot.
---
Our favorite snacks: A soda drink called Ramene'. (Rah-mah-nah) and they had way cool flavors like strawberry, (our favorite) melon, (meh) clear, (ew) and a few others. Our favorite snacks where Hi-Chews, Hello Pandas, and I don't know what they're called, but they're FREAKIN' AMAZING!!! They're salty rice crackers with frosting on them and I'm freakin' addicted... I almost cry myself to sleep because I ate all of mine... )': (Hehe, just kiddin'!)
---
Basically, we just had fun and enjoyed walking around, being famous, and having a blast. :) At the time, I was so tired of pictures, but now I kinda miss being so famous. :) But I was glad I went and had so much fun, some people even said they did a double take on me because they though she'd actually come to life. (I was very proud of that statement)
---
SO, now it's time for pictures. I'll show a few of our characters so you can compare them to us on how alike (or not) we look like them. I don't really have any full length ones (most of the ones with just me and Brandon where taken by me) and so the ones I have are with other people from our show.
---
ENJOY!
Rukia Kuchiki, the person I cosplayed. She is short with black hair, a stray bang across her face, and purple eyes. I wanted a picture with her sword, because I have it too. :)
Ichigo Kurosaki, the lead man Brandon cosplayed. Through a series of events, he gets that amazing mask. I wanted this picture because not only does it show the sword Brandon carried around (It's taller than me!) BUT the mask he made, which Brandon has in some pictures.Brandon's mask + my purple eyes = awesome. Pure awesome.
---
--
-



2 comments:
I loved your nerd party! It totally looked like fun. You sold the event (can't remember what it's called) and I'm not up on Anime at all. I thought that your purple eyes were awesome! Thanks for putting the character pictures up and then your pictures up. It was an easy comparison and I think that you guys look DO look exactly like them!!! Incredible. I haven't been to the movie store yet and so I don't know if they have "Bleach" yet but I am planning on checking the next time that I go.
P.S. I found your Japanese rice cookie things and they ARE good. I already bought a second pack. They are pretty cheap here (like $.50 for 6 2-packs of cookies).
Wow Janaye!!! You look so good! Thanks for all the definitions. I needed them. It sure looks way fun. You look beautiful with the dark hair. Both you and Brandon looked just like the pictures.
Post a Comment