Thursday, November 25, 2010

Things I'm Grateful For

In honor of Thanksgiving, I'll give a run down of the things I'm grateful for.

Shalee Shutt, Joel Nelson, and Sheena Rieche. When all my friends got their mission calls, I was afraid that I would be alone. I'm glad to say I don't think I will be so anymore. Shalee, you're an amazing, beautiful girl who I would take a Snooki punch to the face for any day. You are such a fighter and you better stay that way because the world needs more hardcore girls like us. Joel, you're really a wonderful guy. I hope you're world gets better because you deserve it. I don't think people realize how wonderful you are and how hard your life has been. Sheena, you're so awesome. I've never seen you cry and I think that's freakin' incredible because you've had all the reasons to and yet you still keep a smile on your face. You are a beautiful girl, inside and out. You three don't know how much I love being around you and filming movies and having fun. Thanks for stickin' around so far.

My laptop, which allows to me (usually) write, find and listen to new music, keep in connection to Carissa, and other stuff I take for granted every day. Thanks buddy.

My phone, for keeping me in contact with people. :)

My job, for allowing me to make minimum wage that sometimes enables me to sometimes pay for all the things I need.

Bleach, my favorite cartoon/anime. Is it weird to be thanking an animation? Yes, but I need to. I love watching Bleach, it's like books, where it pulls me from my world and into someone elses. It allows me to forget my life and just think about fantasy things. Thanks for the distraction.

Youtube, for helping me to find new music, watch Bleach, and other videos and to (eventually) post mine as well. Thanks, site of videos.

Cody Bauman and Braden Paulsen. My brothers, I love you. I really freakin' do. I hope when you get back that your lives will be fantastic, whether you keep me as your friend or not. You two are such amazing young men and you deserve only amazing good fortune. You've both caught me when you didn't even know I was falling. You've truly changed my life for good and I hope to keep you in my heart no matter how long I live. Seriously, when I get old and put into a nursing home, there better be a picture of you two on my freakin' bedside table.

Carissa Stetson Lewis, I love skype-ing with you. It's really nice to have someone to talk to at midnight and sleep just won't come.

Music. Thank you music, for inspiring and comforting me. Thank you for being there when no one else was available and for singing my secret feelings out loud. Thank you for having such a great influence on me and always being there.

Writing. Even though I'm on hold from you right now, thank you writing. I'm so glad that I have a way to vent. I'm so grateful that I have a way to let my creativity out and just to have writing in general. Writing paired with music has healed me when nothing else could.

Being alive right now. Because I sometimes don't think I'll make it. Yet here I am, so wow.

Reading. I love reading novels where I can be pulled from my world and into someone else's. I love being able to escape and finding peace in someone eles' life's battles. Thank you reading, so very much.

Christina, Shawna, Amber and Stacey, for putting up with me and reading my emo blog. Thanks sistas. :)

Courtney Lynne Curtis, I love you so very much. Thanks for letting me take you to see "Tangled" and for being such a great little sister. I love you so much, and I'm glad that you're part of my family. You're so much fun and such a bright ray of sunshine. I love you, Miss Lynne.

Brandon Johnson, thanks. Thanks for everything. For being my friend and for now being my boyfriend. I know our time is limited and about to end, but thanks for everything. Thanks for sticking by me and holding me when I cried and not making fun of me for crying at any time in my life. Thanks for laughing with me and being sad with me and being my home. Thanks for teaching me about love and of yourself. Thanks for looking over my weaknesses (there's many) and faults (tons of those too) and still find a way to love me enough to want to give me a good night kiss. Thanks for making me happier than I thought I could be. Thanks for smiling with me and laughing and crying and fighting. Thanks for being my friend, my boyfriend, and home. Thanks for making life beautiful again. Thanks for making me believe that fairy tales exist, even if they have to end on December 8th.

3 comments:

Carissa and Jeff said...

Thank you Janaye! Our skype conversations have meant more than I can say. Just know that they've meant A LOT to me. Thank you. I love you!!!

P.S. Your thank you to Brandon was beautiful. You had me tearing up.

P.P.S.S. Why are you taking a break from writing?

cms87 said...

Awe Janaye!!! That was such a great post. I am thankful for you too! You are amzing. And I agree with Carissa, your thank you to Brandon was beautiful!!! And I ask with Carissa, Why the break from writing?

Janaye said...

I'm on hold from writing because my program got erased when I took my laptop in to get fixed. (When they "fixed" it, they erased all my pictures, documents, EVERYTHING. So I have no writing document and I have to find a way to get it back. Poop. :)

Haha, and yes, my thank you to Brandon had me tearing up too. :')