Monday, April 12, 2010

Braden Paulsen's Farewell

Yesterday was my Paulsen's farewell. He's leaving and I'm trying not to go insane.

I met Braden in seventh grade. I don't even remember how we met, only that we did. We've been friends since than, and I'm going to miss him like crazy.

Some people don't understand when I say he's like my brother. Sure, we don't have blood ties, but sometimes you don't need them.

He's been there for me when nobody else was. He's listen to my rants and cries at one in the morning. He's made me face myself when I have rather ran for the hills.

Don't think it's all one way. I've been there for him as much as I can. I try to see him as often as time will let me and when we talk it's for hours.

I'm going to miss my friend, my brother. I really am. He's always been nice to me, and I find him to be one of the few people I can respect. He's taught me so much and I don't know what's going to happen in the two years he's gone. I might change a lot, or he might. When he comes back, we might not get along and be two different people in general.

So here's to my Paulsen, the one who helped me when others gave up. The one of the few who believe in me when I don't, and the one who's changed my life for good.

Thank you, Braden. So very much, now go teach and preach, you'll be amazing at it, you always have been.

Braden and I

The girls giving Braden one last kiss goodbye

Smiling prettily.

The group. From left to right, Jessica, Braden, Alex, Rachael, Janaye, Brandon, Adrian, Cody, Ashely, Megan, and Megan. (Yes, two Megan's)
---
--
-
We love you and will miss you, Braden! Good luck in the missionary world! Do us (and God) proud! :')

3 comments:

Carissa and Jeff said...

That's so awesome that you had a friend last that long!!! All of my friends from the 7th grade were gone by the 12th grade. That's sad that he's leaving but awesome that he's going on a mission!

Kayla and Greg said...

Man I love that kid!! I can't believe he's old enough to go on a mission! It makes me feel old!!

cms87 said...

ahhh. I loved all of the pics. It's always sad to see a friend go, but always great to watch them head in the right direction. Love ya!