DEAR JANAYE:
SCREW YOU.
LOVE: THE WORLD
---
--
-
So I got casted in a play for my college theatre class. Nothing important, no costumes, props or real audience, but I thought I had a chance for a good part.
--
Remember when Shawna had that place that we used to drive by, the "Don't blink or you'll miss it!" place? Yeah, my part is like that place.
--
Don't blink, or you'll miss it.
--
When I got a crummy part in my school play, I thought it was my theatre teacher playing favorites, but apparently, I can't act, because this teacher gave me a "blink and miss" part in his production.
--
We didn't have auditions, but I guess if I didn't prove myself in class, than it wouldn't matter if I tried out for a bigger role or not.
--
Everyone's going to say "Just do really good on your part and make him regret not casting you in a bigger part!" But really, what does that really do? Make him think you deserve that part, that's what it does. Besides, it's not like he's going to change his mind mid-way through. It's not like he's going to suddenly realise: "Oh. My. Gosh. That Janaye girl is so wonderfully talented! I need her as my lead star here and now! Please let her accept!"
--
No. That doesn't happen. Really, it doesn't.
--
I just wish I could take a break from being Janaye, because I'm also really worried about grades, what I want to do in life, job/money and all that jazz. I'm just tired of not being able to be up to everyone's standards, and I'm sorry I'm not, but don't be too down hearted, I'm not even up to my own standards.
--
So, don't even talk to me about my teacher's little production. Really, don't. Obviously I deserve what I get and just need to suck it up and do it.
--
Dear Janaye: Screw you. Love- The World.



2 comments:
Janaye-
That totally stinks! I know that I'm not a professional or anything but I've always been impressed with your acting, truly! I'm sorry that school is so stressful and I can definitely relate to trying to figure out what you want to do with your life (I still haven't figured it out for mine). I love you!
and you tell me not to worry about you.... this is why i do darling... i know how hard life can be.... note mine is not as bad as yours and you remind me of that but still im sorry darling. im here to help with anything you need
Post a Comment