BRIDGES
We build bridges to cross the gaps in our hearts to each other,
To connect hearts and heal that which still bleeds.
This once great bridge, now dead, smothers...
Then why, for you, do I still need?
SCREAM
If I screamed, would you hear me?
Would you turn back around?
Would you hear my plea?
While your name I howl?
I scream into the darkness,
I scream into the black.
Screaming all my stress,
Screaming at your back.
But alas, no noise comes from me,
Because my screaming is not real.
It’s hidden by a smile, a laugh,
And of course, all these unshed tears.
LOOK
I’d swim through an ocean of tears,
I’d run through a field of cries,
I’d chase away all your fears,
Just to have you look me in the eyes.
RIGHT
It doesn't matter what I say or don't say.
It doesn't matter what I tell you to do or not to do.
If you honestly think what you're doing is right...
If you can honestly sleep at night and find peace in your heart...
than that's all that matters.
Whatever I do or don't do won't change what you think is right your heart.
But realise...
...Everyone else is doing the same.
Yeay for emo poems!
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love it Janaye. I can't say it enough, you super creative!
Post a Comment