LIES
love Lets you smile, laugh, and cry with one person.
love Inspires you to think of the impossible.
love Entices emotions you thought you’d put away.
love Sweetens every moment when you’re together.
LOVE
hate Likes to destroy everything.
hate Obscures everything.
hate Vanquishes light.
hate Envy’s the hearts feelings.
FLOWER
I used to be a flower in your hands; now all that’s left of me is a stem.
If you cannot return my feelings, than at least destroy them.
SHARDS
Too much of me,
Is scattered around.
Too much of me,
Is on the ground.
I had pulled the pieces,
Back together into one.
I had pulled the pieces together,
Now they’re again undone.
A hurt in my chest,
Says to me that you never cared.
A hurt in my heart,
Says that you where always there.
I had to pretend,
To meet the sun’s rays.
I had to pretend,
I was okay again.
The shards of my heart,
Some near and some far,
The shards of my heart,
Fade out like broken stars.
Then you come, and pick a piece up,
And I stare at your hands.
Because when you came and picked that piece up,
My heart started to once again mend.
BACKBONE
You tell me to grow a backbone, you tell me I don’t stand up for myself.
How would you like to know;
That the only person I need to grow a backbone from,
Is from someone like you…
…Who makes me feel so low...
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I was very intrigued by your "love" and "lies" poems. I'm not sure why you did them opposite. I'll probably be thinking about why all day and so I guess you accomplished making me think.
Post a Comment