This all lead to me infamously hating weddings. High heels, not so pretty dresses, rushing around while kids cry and everyone gushes over the happy couple that will forget you in a matter of hours.
...
Yeah, I told you I was a downer on weddings.
ANYWAYS...
Brandon's sister was getting married and I was lucky enough to get an invite to said wedding.
And now, I like weddings.
Well, maybe I like weddings when I'm not part of the group trying to keep everything together and having to deal with the bride through out the entire wedding planning process. BUT, I know that I enjoy going to weddings.
The reception was held in a reception hall and such, beautiful scenery and a sunny day. Many well wishes, pictures galore, happy people, close friends and of course: family.
It was nice, kind of being an outsider looking in. Seeing the happy/tired couple, the family making sure everything was running smoothly, and generally happy well wishers.
Yeah, sure. I've had been to receptions through most stages of life. From elementary to high school, but this one was fun for some reason that I can't really pin point.
Well, I guess I'll say that I went through the entire extent of trying to look nice for this wedding. I did my hair (Who knew it would take so long?! I guess it's a lot longer and thicker than I thought!) Make up was lighter/different, and I even put on a very nice dress that could (and may I add, did impress) and wore the most awesome shoes in the history of shoes. (Thanks mommy. :)
Well, things got a little... interesting ...when the ring exchange took place for the family and friends that weren't able to attend the sealing in the temple. Well, I guess everyone was paired up but Brandon. So, I'm all set just to watch this go down when Brandon's father says "Janaye!" and waves me over. So, I walk over and I'm told I'm to be Brandon's escort or what not for this ring exchange.
...
What?!
Okay, I had a few worries about this. ONE: I'm not exactly, uh... how do I word this... Family. Nope. Not related or married into this family in any way as far as I know. TWO: The wedding colors where followed very closely by those who would be walking before the bride and groom. Meaning: Everyone was in purples and match-y match-y. THREE: I'm wearing a bright, bright blue dress.
...
Fantastic!
So, before I'm really able to point out the obvious (lack of family connections, color, and dress) the music's started and I'm trying as hard as I can not to totally stand out (Ha! Good luck with that!) as this all goes down.
I'm surrounded by their family who I don't really know that well and kind of witnessing a very special event and... wow. I really, really, really didn't fit in that picture of being special enough to be part of the wedding march.
Needless to say, after all this, I went and had a little private panic attack.
However, after what was done was done, everything else was pretty smooth for me and as what I could tell, everyone else. The couple was happy, cake cutting and feeding was a little messy, and pictures abundant.
It seemed like a very, happy, laid back event... different from the weddings I have attended before (But, as stated, those have all been weddings in which I've been related to either bride or groom) so just to sit back and enjoy this wedding was nice. :)
So, alas, here are some pictures I managed to sneak in of Brandon and I. (By the way, he get's extra amazing boyfriend points because he told me many times I looked very beautiful and he even danced with me. :) [Okay, so this was after everyone left and to the generic music of the reception hall, but still way cute. :)]
So... you can't really see my dress color, but the flower in my hair in the first picture gives you a rough idea of how BRIGHT my dress was. :)?
SOOOOO:
Two summer goals crossed off the list.
18) Be pretty for a day.
5) Wear a sun dress for a day and go outside in the sun.
ANDDDD:
Happy Birthday to Brandon! 19 Yesterday on July 8th!! (And his sister wanted it to be extra special so she had her wedding on July 7th... Kinda like some other sister who got married on August 24th did... Mmm......... ;)



1 comment:
I had a hard time at everyone's wedding (in the family) until I got married. I always felt so left behind. While it's nice to see the sibling so happy, it's hard not to think about all that you're losing-having to share them for the holidays, no longer being their first priority or the person that they turn to first with a problem, not seeing them nearly as often, etc... I hope that I'm not a sister that ignored you after the wedding! The distance does complicate things. You'll just have to visit me in CHINA! I haven't had much experience going to other people's weddings (since I don't live by high school friends or college roommates) but I can imagine that they would be a lot more fun and less stressful/sad. I'm glad you had a fun time and how fun to be in the wedding party. You'll have to show me that blue dress of yours. I loved the flower in your hair! Your gorgeous girl!
Post a Comment